What is SEO Testing?
SEO testing is a comprehensive procedure that entails a thorough examination of the many options available to your company for optimizing its website for search engines. This process entails experimenting with different tactics in order to uncover the most effective ways to improve your SEO techniques and get the best results from them.
Essentially, this procedure entails numerous types of website SEO evaluations. Checking meta tags in SEO, calculating the amount of hits and impressions, and calculating click-through rates are only a few examples. Businesses benefit from this procedure since it allows them to rank their webpages high in the SERPs by employing various tactics such as image optimization.
Why Run SEO Tests?
Businesses must conduct SEO testing to see whether SEO techniques are genuinely effective and providing positive outcomes. Over 200 ranking variables are used by Google’s algorithms to determine how highly webpages rank on the search engine. The overall rating of any webpage or website is determined by a combination of algorithms working together.
This is why firms should use Digital Universe’s SEO services, which are well-established and well-proven. Knowing the newest trends and the ins and outs of the SEO sector allows an SEO company to provide you with superior SEO tactics and outcomes.
The inherent nature of Google’s ranking algorithms stretches to other areas in various ways. For example, the ranking parameters employed by tourism websites differ from those used by healthcare websites.
SEO testing is a method that can assist organisations in identifying these elements and utilising them to their benefit. This enables firms to outperform their competition and achieve higher rankings by doing what they do better.
Companies utilise a variety of procedures, such as website audits, to do SEO testing. This assists them in identifying areas where their website may be deficient and identifying places where they may improve. Companies like Digital Universe, which provides SEO audit services, can assist you in identifying and optimising these indicators so that your website has a healthy SEO and, as a result, better ranks.
SEO Auditing vs SEO Testing
It’s sometimes difficult to tell the difference between an SEO audit and an SEO test.
An SEO audit is the process of examining the present status of an existing site or page and generating a list of things to fix, improve, or modify based on technical best practises and rule sets.
SEO site audits are beneficial since they examine the status of your website as a whole. They may find discrepancies in your URI structure, pages that should be noindexed or have canonical URLs, photos that lack alt tags, or files that are too large. SEO audits can also reveal potential for content gaps or information architecture flaws.
The process of tracking the results after a change has been made is known as an SEO test. Performing an audit and running SEO tests on the fixes recommended by the audit is something you should consider doing on a regular basis.
Few SEO Tests to Run
Changes in Titles & Meta Descriptions
Users are greeted with varied titles and descriptions on the SERPs and then on your actual webpage, therefore title tags and meta descriptions are important. As a result, after executing a website SEO test, you must assess the length, keyword presence, and impact of your title tags and meta descriptions in order to get organically good traffic.
Changes in Header Tags
The importance of header tags in generating a positive first impression on a user cannot be overstated. But it isn’t the only way they can aid. The main subject and type of material on your page are also communicated to search engines using header tags. H1, H2, H3, and H4 tags assist search engines in completely reviewing your webpage’s content and enhancing its rating on SERPs.
MUST READ: How to do Keyword Research in SEO 
Changes in Date Stamp
Removing the date stamps from the URLs of previously published blogs can assist improve their rating significantly. Changing the permalink settings on a blog you created two years ago, for example, could result in a redirect issue. If done correctly, however, deleting the date stamp from the information can greatly boost your webpage’s score.
Changes in Content Copy
Changing the content copy of your webpages can also be very effective. You may improve the quality of your existing content and optimise the internal and external linking in the content using the skyscraper strategy to get more clicks.
The usage of visual representations of content can be eye-catching and an efficient technique to pique viewers’ interest. However, image optimization is required to ensure that your webpage’s loading time is as short as feasible for users.
In today’s world, videos are the most widely consumed kind of material. You may take advantage of this fact by beginning to include relevant videos that relate to the material on your website. Google’s algorithms will take this into account when ranking your pages.
Benefits of SEO Testing
The only way to learn about user behaviour is through testing. Otherwise, you’re just making accurate predictions.
When you have data on what your users like most on your site and which components they ignore totally, you can make appropriate SEO judgments.
The following are the top advantages of performing SEO tests on your website:
- Increase your conversion rate and turn more visitors into customers.
- Improve your content marketing strategy’s effectiveness, resulting in lower bounce rates and longer dwell times.
- Increase ad budget and minimize cart abandonment.
- Image, text, links, CTAs, colours, videos, menus, and other elements should all be well tested.
- Rather than conducting a separate customer feedback campaign to see what people enjoy most, you do SEO tests to determine which elements receive the most customer engagement.
- Recognize which adjustments resonate the most with your audience and keep them engaged.
- Avoid making mistakes that might otherwise squander your resources for little or no gain.
- Keep up with the newest consumer trends and adjust swiftly to changes, which will improve engagement.
MUST READ: The Basics of Content Marketing Strategy 2021
SEO Testing Best Practices
To execute efficient SEO tests, follow the best principles listed below:
- Know what you need to test, why you need to test it, and what impact it can have on your business.
- In your entire SEO strategy, test the items that can make a difference.
- Set objectives for your tests to establish whether or not they were successful.
- Use Google Analytics to figure out what your audience cares about, and then execute an A/B test to see how effective the content on your site is.
- Instead of focusing solely on design, examine the copy and value proposition of your website.
- Compare and contrast the typical CTA wording with more personal and direct language.
- Test for a longer period of time and stop when the results are statistically significant enough to evaluate your results’ reliability.
- To obtain a better picture of which component of your site has the most impact, test one aspect at a time.
- Google bots should not be excluded from A/B tests.
- Don’t hide your test pages under a cloak of anonymity. Both Google algorithms and humans should see the same list of URLs.
- If you’re doing an A/B test with several URLs, make sure you use the canonical property to tell search engines which version of the page is the original.
- Low-traffic and low-conversion pages should be optimised and tested.
- Every A/B test you conduct should be based on data, not something you’ve seen perform well elsewhere.
- Instead of 301 redirects, use 302 redirects.
- Before you go live with your testing, do a page speed test.
- Always test new things. After a successful or failing test, keep going!
Tests for SEO aren’t for everyone. You can’t expect to obtain positive results from your tests unless your website is already receiving a reasonable quantity of traffic.
Only run tests if your website receives 25,000 or more monthly visitors from Google organic traffic. Only try new tools and invest in SEO testing once you’ve sorted out your marketing and sales strategy.
Running SEO tests on your website is a great approach to boost the amount of conversions.
To make improvements to your site in 2021 and beyond, you can’t rely on HiPPO (Highest Paid Person’s Opinion) advice. To see positive changes, you need data and tests that can provide answers in the form of real results.
One of the most crucial activities for firms to guarantee that their SEO strategies are working in their favor is to conduct SEO testing. Using the SEO services of a reputable firm like Digital Universe can make this process much easier and more efficient.